Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Israel came over this Jordan on dry land. (Joshua 3)

There is very little to be said about this chapter, so I'll just write it up quick here. In fact there are only two issues the SAB brings up, and one of them has already been addressed. Whether or not one accepts my explanation, I don't think I have more to add to what I've already said regarding the failed conquest of Canaan.

Actually, the second point isn't exactly a new one to address. So the priests (and the rest of the nation) managed to cross the Jordan River without getting their feet wet. This is apparently absurd, while the concept of water piling up "upon an heap" upstream of them is not absurd? I don't get it. Look, it's clearly a miracle; what should one expect?

Actually, this event has perhaps some interesting significance due to the fact that supposedly very few people who had seen the parting of the Red Sea in person were still alive at this point. This event is a very similar miracle.

2 comments:

Steve Wells said...

Thanks, Brucker. I've added 3:16 to the Jordan-parting miracle.

Brucker said...

Well, I'm glad you're at least consistent. ; )