Sunday, August 13, 2023

Blessed is he that readeth (post-John intermission)

So it took me eleven weeks to get through John, and I'm not sure where to go next. While Acts seems pretty obvious, there is also the fact that I never finished 2Samuel way back when I was in the Old Testament. (I also never got past Exodus 21 or so in the books of Moses, which I should some day bite the bullet and just go through it all.)

I don't know if anyone is reading this in real time as I post, but if you are, suggestions of where to go next would be welcomed. Actually, even if you're reading this somehow long after I posted it, I'd still welcome suggestions as to what scripture would be most interesting to cover. I'm probably going to continue to skip around.

4 comments:

Steve Wells said...

It'd be great if you'd continue with 2 Samuel, Brucker, since that is where Carole and I are no in the Bible in Fewer Words podcast.

Here's a link to our latest one: God kills a baby (2 Samuel 12).

We release a new episode every other day. They are usually between 10 and 15 minutes long and cover a single to a few chapters. We are trying to include the whole Bible, leaving nothing out - except for the boring stuff - but in fewer words.

I'd love to know what you think about it, Brucker. Maybe you could start an annotated Bible in Fewer Words!

Brucker said...

Sounds like you're ahead of me and I'm not likely to catch up! I suppose it depends on what the content looks like. Sometimes you surprise me.

Steve Wells said...

Actually, you're only about three episodes behind us. It looks like your last post was on 2 Samuel 7, which was #120 and 123 came out yesterday.

If you'd prefer to read the text rather than listen to the podcast, you can find them all here.

Brucker said...

I caught up to 12 (and 12 took quite a while) and you're on 23!